Splitting Attributes (heads up)

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Tue Jul 6 11:46:01 UTC 2010

The Attributes class is currently used on both Pools and Products, and
thus the Attribute object itself has no link back to the entity it
belongs too, it's only in one direction and everything gets lumped
into the one table. In working on Product update it became apparent
that it's quite easy to end up with orphaned attributes left in the
database and no way to clean them up. As such I'm going to be
splitting Attribute into two child classes, ProductAttribute and
PoolAttribute, and adding a proper link to Pool/Product.

Also it looks like we support hierarchical Attributes, I suspect
nothing is using this, I'm inclined to drop it. Will do some more
poking around to make sure it's unused but please speak up if you know
of some reason why we should keep it around.

Thanks,

Devan

--
Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>