functional tests

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Thu Feb 25 13:21:19 UTC 2010

This would clean up part of the problem preventing us from using
buildr eclipse, but I think it still leaves us with no good way to
exclude the functional tests in Eclipse though, at least as far as I
can see. If we were to isolate unit vs functional in sub-packages
beneath test/java, then we'd be in business.

I think we also still have the "remove main/resources re-add main
resources" issue. I think this is because buildr eclipse generates a
line like:

	<classpathentry excluding="**/.svn/|**/CVS/" kind="src"
output="target/resources" path="src/main/resources"/>

And that output dir does not change when you modify the overall output
dir, leaving you with whatever is wrong with Eclipse/buildr that
causes it to not find persistence.xml. Once you manually remove
main/resources and re-add it, you get:

<classpathentry kind="src" path="src/main/resources"/>

At which point things start working properly again.

Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>
http://rm-rf.ca