better exception handling

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 13:09:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:06:06AM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 04/13/2010 08:59 AM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:

[snip]

> > I think that makes sense/works. I'm going to code it up and we'll see
> > what everybody (and by that i mean Jesus and Bryan) thinks.
>
> What is the latest and greatest i18n framework? Perhaps there is a
> better way. Guice is frickn voodoo.. so there may be a magic way for
> guice to do it.

i18n framework? We just wrote a wrapper into xliff files in Spacewalk,
though for Candlepin I think we can stick with properties files.

Basically we treated everything as keys, there was a LocalizationManager
which everyone could get access to and lm.getMessage("somekey").
The keys were sometimes namespaced while other times just the
English text: lm.getMessage("Subscription Management")

jesus

jesus m. rodriguez          | jesusr at redhat.com
principal software engineer | irc: zeus
red hat systems management  | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012      | 919.623.0080 (c)
|   "Those who cannot remember the past       |
|    are condemned to repeat it."             |
|                        -- George Santayana  |