[Beaker-devel] Simplify inventorying systems in Beaker

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Tue May 12 23:40:50 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Jaroslav Kortus's message of 2015-05-13 01:41 +10:00:
> What about tagging the distros in beaker and use them for inventory
> based on these tags?
> Something like inventory_prio1, inventory_prio2,...
>
> That's both WebUI and CLI friendly and does not require any config changes.

Using distro tags is quite a good idea, the downside is that it would
require continual maintenance. For example every RHEL x.y GA we would
have to remember to tag the new version. Similarly every Fedora GA. And
then there are the other in-development products like the aarch64
distro, which has never had a GA and usually the best thing we can do is
use the latest compose available.

Since this is really just a temporary measure I think an admin
configurable list with hardcoded default is an okay approach.

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Products & Technologies Operations