[Beaker-devel] New sub-command to list access policy for a system

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 07:09:03 UTC 2013

On 09/25/2013 04:25 PM, Amit Saha wrote:
> [...]

Indeed, would have been handy back when I was working on the client for
PulpDist.

>> I'm not sure a table is a good way to represent the rules though. A rule
>> applies either to a particular user, a particular group, or everybody.
>> The table view doesn't really make that easy to see (especially for the
>> "everybody" case) which is why I had suggested just the plain listing of
>> rules.
>
> I am going to push this a little further :-).
>
> I made some changes and now the output is:
>
> +------+----------------+--------+---------+-----------+
> | Rule |   Permission   |  User  |  Group  | Everybody |
> +------+----------------+--------+---------+-----------+
> |  1   |  edit_system   | user10 |    X    |     X     |
> |  2   | control_system | user11 |    X    |     X     |
> |  3   | control_system |   X    | group12 |     X     |
> +------+----------------+--------+---------+-----------+
>
> How do you find it?

So, ordered by permission and displaying "yes" in the Everybody column
when neither user nor group is specified?

Sounds reasonable to me.

We may want a "show-permissions" command, too. Similar to the one liner
"What are *my* permissions?" we were discussing for the web UI.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)