[Beaker-devel] Adding "server" and "core tasks" components to Bugzilla

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 02:42:17 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Nick Coghlan's message of 2013-11-25 12:11:14 +1000:
> We've previously discussed revamping the Beaker component list in
> Bugzilla, but never come up with anything that seemed worth the hassle.
>
> However, looking at it from the perspective of "handling bugs that don't
> currently have a good home", I think two new components would cover us.
>
> 1. "server"
>
> This component would be used for all server-only bugs that aren't
> specific to the web UI, the scheduler, native reports. Bugs for
> kickstart generation, permissions issues, data model cleanups,
> server-only utility scripts would all live here.
>
> 2. "core tasks"
>
> This would cover any bugs related to the standard tasks that don't have
> a dedicated component (i.e. anything that now lives in
> beaker-core-tasks, other than the inventory task). The "inventory"
> component would cover both the inventory task and beaker-system-scan.
>
> So the overall structure would be:
>
>   general
>     Doc
>     server
>       scheduler
>       web UI
>       reports
>     lab controller
>       qpid (since distro expiry is our only current messaging support)
>     command line
>     test harness (beah and beah-ipv6)
>     core tasks (beaker-core-tasks)
>       inventory (includes beaker-system-scan)
>     tests (includes beaker-meta-tasks)
>
> Thoughts?

My thoughts are the same as last time :-) which is that the *only*
purpose those components serve is to tell us "has this fix been released
yet?" or perhaps "what do I need to update to get this fix?"
The simplest way to do that is to just use the package name as the
component.

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services