[Beaker-devel] GitHub releases for peripheral/related projects

Amit Saha asaha at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 06:02:19 UTC 2013

While thinking of how to go about writing Beah's release notes, it came to my mind
that why don't we use GitHub release feature for that? [1]

What I have in mind is once we are done with the tagging, GitHub has a zip/.tar.gz
ready. We could use GitHub's Web UI to do the entire release process and have
a link from the beah docs.

I have zero experience with using this GitHub feature. They also have an API.
So perhaps, we can do all of it with a script.

Thoughts? If this sounds encouraging, I could give it a shot and also we can adopt it for
our other projects.

[1] https://github.com/blog/1547-release-your-software

Best,
Amit.

--
Amit Saha <http://echorand.me>
Infrastructure Engineering and Development