[Beaker-devel] Beaker 0.14.2 released!

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 05:04:14 UTC 2013

On behalf of the Beaker development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Beaker v0.14.2 is now available from beaker-project.org [1].

Users may(!) have noticed that there were some unfortunate problems with
the new access control model and web UI updates in Beaker v0.15. While
the Beaker v0.15.1 release resolved the significant regressions in
capability (and is thus suitable for deployment in most environments),
there is still at least one remaining case where command-line based
automation that worked correctly in Beaker v0.14 is currently not
supported in Beaker v0.15.1.

Accordingly, while we continue to work on ensuring Beaker v0.15.2
provides a suitable replacement for that functionality, we have
reactivated the Beaker v0.14 maintenance branch and backported the
applicable fixes and minor features from Beaker v0.15 and v0.15.1 that
met the criteria for inclusion in a maintenance release.

A description of the backported changes can be found in the updated
Beaker 0.14 release notes [2].

The detailed list of all changes made since Beaker v0.14.1 is also
available [3].

Regards,
Nick.

[1] http://beaker-project.org/releases/
[2] http://beaker-project.org/docs/whats-new/release-0.14.html#beaker-0-14-2
[3] http://beaker-project.org/releases/beaker-0.14.2-ChangeLog

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)