[Beaker-devel] Test framework for lshw

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 06:58:53 UTC 2013

On 07/30/2013 04:35 PM, Amit Saha wrote:
> One approach that I can think of is:
>
> - Add an extra option to lshw -s specifying the location of the snapshot
>
> - When this is set, we can set an environment variable to point
>   to the location of the snapshot. In all the files where the information
>   is read from the file systems, before opening the file, we check
>   for this environment variable, and if it exists, we read the files from there instead.
>

> And of course, matching the expected output, etc follows after that.
>
> Would be interested in any feedback.

It would be nice if this could be strictly a test harness thing rather
than requiring changes to lshw. Can we play games by invoking lshw in an
appropriately configured chroot instead?

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)