[Beaker-devel] beaker-import issue in RHEL 6

Venkat_R_K at Dell.com Venkat_R_K at Dell.com
Mon Jul 22 13:11:13 UTC 2013

Hi Nick,

I had a problem with beaker-setup on Saturday. I tried the suggestion told by Bill.

I got the same error which I reported to Bill "user not registered with group lab_controller" . so I commented the below line in the script.

curl -b tmpcookie -d fqdn=$(hostname -f) -d lusername=host/localhost.localdomain -d lpassword=password -d email=root at localhost.localdomain -d Save=1 http://localhost/bkr/labcontrollers/save || exit 1

the problem is the curl is not atomatic the process of adding a new lab controller with the default credentials. So I created manually as Bill guided me. Then beaker-setup was working fine and also beaker-import was working fine too.

I am doing the step of beaker-virt. I shall let you know if there is  any issue.

Note:

If you would permit me, I shall provide an option for cleaning in the script if user re-run the script.

Script name: beaker-setup

Scenario 1 :

Notify user about the existing database.

If user == delete_existing_database
	Cleaning of mysql database;
Elif user == update existing database;
               Update the database;

Scenario 2 :

 Updating all curl issues related to adding a lab_controller etc.

 Also we should update the status of curl success|failure and exit upon the return and guide the user to do it via browser.

I shall try to do the complete set up one more time and let you know if there is any more issue.

Thanks & regards,
Venkat