[Beaker-devel] Tool for Inventory gathering

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 01:21:47 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 10:02 AM, Amit Saha wrote:

> [...]

Yay!

I've been thinking further about this based on our IRC discussion the
other day, and I'm thinking it makes sense to do a few things in the
0.15 time frame (i.e. by the end of August):

1. Create our own lshw fork as beaker-lshw, that we keep close to
upstream lshw (aside from the different name) and submit pull requests
on GitHub whenever we change anything
2. Create a separate beaker-systemscan project on beaker-project.org
that we separate out from
http://git.beaker-project.org/cgit/beaker/tree/Tasks/distribution/inventory/?h=develop
3. Change our inventory task to depend on beaker-systemscan and just
upload the scan results to the Beaker server rather than containing the
scanning logic directly

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)