[Beaker-devel] Tool for Inventory gathering

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 07:40:10 UTC 2013

On 07/11/2013 02:12 PM, Dan Callaghan wrote:
> The GitHub approach works best if upstream is on GitHub as well though,
> so maybe we should ask that before anything else...

Bringing the list up to date with today's IRC discussion: Amit has
contacted Lyonel offering our assistance in finishing the migration to
GitHub (there is already a repo there, but nothing in it).

If that happens, then I think Dan's plan will work nicely - we'll
maintain beaker-lshw as a fork on GitHub and submit pull requests
upstream for any changes we make, while packaging beaker-lshw for our
own use to ensure we maintain control over our release cycles.

If it doesn't happen, we'll still do something similar, but the
coordination with upstream will be a little more awkward.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)