[Beaker-devel] Role names in documentation

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 13:06:18 UTC 2013

Hi all,

looking at the beaker documentation about multihost tests[1], I think that the
variables used for roles (CLIENTS, SERVERS and DRIVER) are introduced in a way
that makes them the "only possible choice" as roles.

I know for personal experience that you can use whatever you want as role
(provided that it's a valid name for a shell variable), and I personally rely
on this feature, so I'm pretty sure it's not by accident :)
Would it make sense to document the role names in a more generic way? If yes,
I guess I should at least file a bug...

[1] http://beaker-project.org/docs/user-guide/multihost.html

Regards
--