[Beaker-devel] Exposing the the host's hostname to the guest

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 06:35:24 UTC 2013

On 07/01/2013 04:25 PM, Raymond Mancy wrote:
> We're currently considering a feature[1] request that would expose the hypervisor's
> host name to it's guest recipe via environment variables.
>
> We currently expose many guest recipe details via the to_xml() (which is what produces
> the output of the /recipes/<recipe_id> harness API call). To include the host's FQDN
> in this details would seem to be consistent with existing behaviour and would take
> minimal code changes (as opposed to creating a new harness API call, controller, and model
> methods).

So that would be the server side change, and then we also update beah to
make this readily accessible in the standard execution environment?

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)