[Beaker-devel] Beaker 0.14.1 released!

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 08:10:34 UTC 2013

On behalf of the Beaker development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Beaker v0.14.1 is now available from beaker-project.org.

In this release, we have finalised the "Enhanced User Groups" design
proposal [1], adding the ability for users to nominate "submission
delegates": other users that have the ability to submit jobs on their
behalf.

The primary intended use for this feature is with external automated
systems, such as the recently published Jenkins Beaker Builder
Plugin [2].

This release also introduces the "Beaker Architecture Guide", starting
with a page giving a general overview of Beaker's capabilities:

    http://beaker-project.org/docs/architecture-guide/capabilities.html

Additional details about the above features and smaller changes for this
release can be found in the release notes here:

    http://beaker-project.org/docs/whats-new/release-0.14.html

Thank you to all who contributed to this release.

Regards,
Nick.

[1] http://beaker-project.org/dev/proposals/enhanced-user-groups.html
[2] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Beaker+Builder+Plugin
--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)