[Beaker-devel] Deps of beaker 0.9.4

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 00:41:46 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Jaroslav Kortus's message of 2012-10-20 00:59:24 +1000:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed there are new dependencies of beaker 0.9.4 that were not present in 9.3.
> Namely bash-completion and python-requests. This makes it's life in RHEL6.3 a bit more
> difficult.
>
> With bash-completion it's still doable, even though EPEL must be enabled.
>
> With python-requests >= 1.13 it's a dead end. This package is not available, not even with
> EPEL.
>
> Could we please achieve a state where beaker-{server,client,lab-controller} are
> rebuildable and installable with RHEL6.3 + beaker server repo?

Sorry about that, it's fixed now. python-requests was tagged wrongly in
brew, and some build dependencies were missing from the config file.

We do have a script to check our yum repos for unsatisfied dependencies
[1], but it is too slow so I had fallen out of the habit of running it.
I will put it in my crontab instead. It was also not checking build
dependencies, which I've now fixed [2].

[1] http://git.beaker-project.org/cgit/beaker-project.org/tree/check-yum-repos.py
[2] http://git.beaker-project.org/cgit/beaker-project.org/commit/?id=cd30027b

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineering and Development