Minor bug fixes and improvements to 0.4.1-1

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 19:44:01 UTC 2010

----- "James Laska" <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> = conflicts test failures =
>
> 1) Failing to find packages or mirrors
>
> This appears to be a result of running the test in a different
> environment.
> When run previously, download.fedoraproject.org would result to an
> internal Red
> Hat mirror which was (for the most part) always updated and accurate.
> With our
> tests now running in Fedora infrastructure, we are at the mercy of
> MirrorManager to provide an appropriate mirror.  It seems that we
> rarely get an
> updated mirror.  I have 2 proposed solutions to this problem.

I have also noticed problems with MirrorManager, I get an outdated
mirror quite frequently when testing. The question is - how is that
possible? Isn't that a bug? Isn't a sole purpose of the MirrorManager
to ensure I actually always get an up-to-date mirror? If that's the
case, we should simply request a fix for MirrorManager. Does anyone
know how it *should* work?

Anyway, for performance reasons, it would be nice to download from
our fast internal mirror, sure.

(But I'm still puzzled about the MirrorManager giving outdated mirrors.)