Minor bug fixes and improvements to 0.4.1-1

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Sep 17 13:37:43 UTC 2010

Greetings,

As noted earlier, I deployed autoqa-0.4.1-1 yesterday.  It has been quietly
running jobs for about a day now.  After reviewing test results, I noticed
several issues.  This mail attempts to summarize the issues and propose patches
to correct the problems.

= conflicts test failures =

1) Failing to find packages or mirrors

This appears to be a result of running the test in a different environment.
When run previously, download.fedoraproject.org would result to an internal Red
Hat mirror which was (for the most part) always updated and accurate.  With our
tests now running in Fedora infrastructure, we are at the mercy of
MirrorManager to provide an appropriate mirror.  It seems that we rarely get an
updated mirror.  I have 2 proposed solutions to this problem.

 1. Force our deployed systems to use the infrastructure mirro by updating
    repoinfo.conf appropriately (tested and works)
 2. Request MirrorManager configuration change so that any requests from
    infrastructure systems are always routed to the private infrastructure
    mirror

2) Sloooooow....

This test seems to run for a *long* time now (~15 minutes).  I seem to remember
this taking, maybe 30 seconds tops.  Perhaps something with Fedora 13 changed
how this test runs.  Not urgent, but perhaps something to follow-up with
skvidal for guidance/ideas on.

Option#2 is my preference as this mirrors our internal setup, and keeps our
test+configuration consistent inside and outside of Fedora infrastructure.
I'll raise this idea with the infrastructure team shortly.

UPDATE: mmcgrath updated MirrorManager so option#2 seems like the way forward.
 This change should propogate sometime today.

= upgradepath test failures =

> https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2010-September/035783.html
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/share/autotest/common_lib/test.py", line 570, in _call_test_function
>       return func(*args, **dargs)
>     File "/usr/share/autotest/common_lib/test.py", line 279, in execute
>       postprocess_profiled_run, args, dargs)
>     File "/usr/share/autotest/common_lib/test.py", line 201, in _call_run_once
>       self.run_once(*args, **dargs)
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/autoqa/decorators.py", line 71, in newf
>       f_result = f(*args, **kwargs) #call the decorated function
>     File "/usr/share/autotest/tests/upgradepath/upgradepath.py", line 92, in run_once
>       assert kojitag in repotags, 'Requested unsupported kojitag: %s' % kojitag
>   AssertionError: Requested unsupported kojitag: dist-f14-updates-testing

See proposed patch.  I've adjusted upgradepath.py so that it ...

 1) Uses autoqa.repoinfo directly, and not through autoqa.koji_utils.repoinfo
 2) Includes '-testing' repos when attempting to find applicable tags

 = autoqa script =

1) Do not reboot before or after running a job

I'd like to include a previously posted (but not accepted) patch that prevents
test clients from rebooting before or after tests.  We have a *lot* of tests
running now, and reboots are expensive as jobs queue up while a system is out
of action.

I've been manually applying this patch to our "production" instance for months
now.  It's safe to include, the only question I have is .. "is there a better,
more appropriate way, to make this change?"

2) Restrict known_hooks to sub-directories of hookdir

Since I moved /etc/cron.d/autoqa to /usr/share/autoqa/autoqa.cron, it was being
listed as a valid hook.  I've changed the known_hooks filter to only list
sub-directories.  I've also moved autoqa.cron into %{_docdir} in another patch.
Moving it there is in line with several other packages that include recommended
cron files.

= rats_sanity =

> https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2010-September/035666.html

This seems to be straightforward, corrected a missing import.  I've tested this
fix and it's in production now.

With this fix, the test proceeds but encounters another problem.  I believe
this may be a valid failure discovered by the test (see
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2010-September/035811.html)

= autoqa.spec =

 1) Move autoqa.cron into the %{_docdir}
 2) Bump the release to autoqa-0.4.2-1