Creating autoqa-watchers sub-package?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Sep 13 18:51:26 UTC 2010

Greetings,

As autoqa is currently packaged, all tests, watchers, configs and
cronjobs are included in the main autoqa package.  This works fine
except for a minor annoyance.  Anytime you install 'autoqa', unless you
are actually scheduling jobs, you needed comment or remove the watcher
notification /etc/cron.d/autoqa.  This gets annoying the more I deploy
autoqa.

I'd like propose moving the watcher scripts and cronjob into a
sub-package (see attached patch for detail).

When most people install 'autoqa', they want the test library and tests.
This won't change that behavior.  The only change will be for anyone
setting up a test server.  I'll need to update the existing wiki
documentation to note installing 'autoqa-watchers' when setting up a
test server [1].

Comments/concerns/ideas?

Thanks,
James