Initial startup errors

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 17:51:12 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:00:25PM -0400, Steve Hong wrote:
>    When trying to run aeolus-configure on Fedora 18 (very vanilla install
>    from yum), I get:
<snip>
>    Unable to activate aeolus-image-0.5.0, because activeresource-3.2.8
>    conflicts with activeresource (~> 3.0.10)

Unfortunately, our native packages in Fedora are not maintained. (Which
seems to manifest as them being totally broken, I'm afraid.) I believe
we are in the process of pulling the packages out of Fedora, in favor of
a more portable approach.

The best instructions for installing Aeolus are here:
http://www.aeolusproject.org/get_it.html

The dev-tools script will do a lot of the setup that aeolus-configure
previously handled, and this new approach is portable beyond Fedora and
RHEL.

Apologies for the disorganized information about getting started, but I
hope it'll be smooth sailing for you from here on out!

-- Matt