vSphere hardware profiles

Xavier Naveira xavier.naveira at ongame.com
Mon Aug 13 08:32:06 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I'm trying to figure out Aeolus to be able to manage a vSphere deployment.

I'm on a fresh installed installation on Fedora 16.

I've been able to create images to test with but I don't get the
hardware profiles to work properly. When I go
"Administrer->Content->Hardware->New Hardware Profile" under "Matching
Provider Hardware Profiles" I only get a profile on "Hardware Profile
Name" named "default" which has "n/a" as storage amount, thus when I
create a new hardware profile I never get a match.

How do I create further "Provider Hardware Profiles"??

According to the wiki instructions I should have a bunch of profiles
already created but I don't see them.

Thank you!

/Xavier