Notifications between Aeolus components

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 18:42:31 UTC 2013

On 01/23/2013 01:16 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 01:14 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
>>
>> Sorry Bryan, missed your question. Unfortunately not at the current
>> time. imagefactory depends on oz which depends on libvirt which cannot
>> be run in the cloud since we don't have virt-in-virt yet. There had been
>> discussions at various points to support separating the imagefactory
>> frontend / backends so as to facilitate things like this but that never
>> got implemented (and you'd potentially run into firewall problems in
>> this scenario as well).
>>
>> I had discussed this w/ clalance in the context of changing the
>> tdl-launch utility [1] to use Oz directly but that looks like it won't
>> be feasible at the current time.
>

> Well, just thinking out loud.. can any component go into the cloud
> which may not be in the same VPN space?
>

> -- bk

I'd imagine this would come down to the security policy of the
organization deploying to the cloud, namely how lax the firewall can be
to permit connections from the cloud as well as the ip address
assignment on the cloud instances launched.

It'd be tricky to permit generic incoming connections from the cloud to
a local imagefactory backend since this might be used for a DOS attack
or such, though a tight security policy might help mitigate this (not
fully sure about all the imagefactory internals details).

  -Mo