Notifications between Aeolus components

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 17:51:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 13:58 +0100, Jan Provaznik wrote:
> Interesting is Martyn's proposal to leave message bus usage on
> deployment decision. This sounds good to me, but it also means that
> simple non-robust callback support is sufficient for default deployment
> (w/o ESB). I don't think this is true - I can't imagine there are many
> situations where the simple callback system is sufficient.

I would be very careful introducing deployment options here - the
communications between components is a core piece of the architecture
and not all that easy to debug and troubleshoot; by allowing users to
swap these out, you'll introduce a lot of QA/support overhead, and it's
not unlikely that one of these variants will be buggy enough that people
won't use them.

David