Notifications between Aeolus components

Michal Fojtik mfojtik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 15:18:25 UTC 2013

On 01/22, Scott Seago wrote:
> On 01/22/2013 08:01 AM, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> >On 01/08, Hugh Brock wrote:
> >
> >Maybe a crazy idea, but Torquebox already includes messaging, background
> >jobs, services and all other things mentioned in the original email.
> >
> >I have PoC of running Conductor inside Torquebox (using jRuby). I
> >understand it might be a big step but definitely worth to at least
> >investigate as an option :-)
> >
> >Just my .20cents.
> >
> >   -- Michal
> >
> We've talked about using torquebox on-and-off over the last couple
> years. The growing consensus there seems to be that we do want to be
> able to run on it, but not at the expense of getting locked in to
> using _only_ torquebox. In other words, the main issue with going to
> Torquebox would be to make sure that we _don't_ start requiring the
> use of services that only exist in torquebox -- so to use the above
> services we'd have to make each one of them either pluggable (so we
> could also use pure ruby alternatives) or optional.

Understood. I played with TB a bit and I the messaging and other
classes/models could be easily substituted by something else.

I mean this whole messaging thing could be very flexible (like using
something like 'Aeolus::Messaging' interface with :publish and :subscribe
methods. Then the messaging backend could be Torquebox or whatever else
that can handle publishing and subscribing ;-) (AMQP, etc)

  -- Michal

--
Michal Fojtik <mfojtik at redhat.com>
Deltacloud API, CloudForms