RFC: Renaming

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 14:04:28 UTC 2013

> Image Template -> Component Outline
> Deployable -> AppForm Blueprint
> Deployment -> AppForm
> Pool Family/Environment-> Cloud Environment
> Pool -> Resource Zone
> Provider -> Cloud Provider

In terms of API - should we make it backwards compatible when the switch happens?

My 2 cents would be that we shouldn't, since we concluded in the API versioning discussions that we don't want one Conductor instance to provide multiple versions of API. And I think only API clients to date are CLI and WM, which are still under construction and could be updated quite easily I think.

If the renaming happens soon enough, we can release first generally usable version of CLI with the new names. (And WM probably doesn't care about Conductor names at all, because they have their own dictionary I think, so Conductor names are hidden from users?)

J.