Notifications between Aeolus components

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 17:07:14 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013, at 5:45 PM, Hugh Brock wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 02:41:51PM +0100, Jan Provaznik wrote:
<snip>
>> Why not use a message bus (an AMQP implementation) for communication
>> between all involved components?
>> - it supports all required features out of the box
>> - clients exists for all languages involved in Aeolus project
>> - notifications will be solved in the same way between all components
<snip>
> What you're suggesting appears to make good sense. However, based on
> past (bitter, painful, very expensive) experience, I would like us to
> approach the message bus question very carefully ...

Would a "more simplistic" approach (used consistently through Aeolus)
like this be a decent alternative?

  http://faye.jcoglan.com
  https://github.com/faye/faye

Seems widely used, including by Cloud companies.  Unsure if it
provides everything we need though. ;)

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist