Reconciling names

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 12:03:31 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013 06:35 PM, Angus Thomas wrote:
> It is great to have got such a positive response to this.
>
> I've spoken to the Cloud Engine product managers again and confirmed
> what Scott said in this thread: As requested, we're going to go with
> Cloud Provider, rather than Cloud Resource Provider.
>
> So, the final list is:
>
> Image Template -> Component Outline
> Deployable -> AppForm Blueprint
> Deployment -> AppForm
> Pool Family/Environment-> Cloud Environment
> Pool -> Resource Zone
> Provider -> Cloud Provider
>
> Hardware Profile -> Hardware Profile
> Provider Realm -> Provider Realm
> Frontend Realm    -> Frontend Realm
> Image -> Image
> Assembly -> Assembly
> Instance -> Instance
> Catalog    -> Catalog
> Config Server -> Config Server
>

> I'll put a glossary on aeolusproject.org shortly.
>

> Angus

Massive thank you for doing this, Angus.

The constant back and forth between the product managers and developers
can't have been easy. Compromises were made on both sides and even
though we're not all happy with every term, it's way better than the
present situation.

Also thanks to everyone for their suggestions and support.

Thomas