pretotyping

Giulio Fidente gfidente at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 3 13:14:52 UTC 2013

hi there,

I recently come across the concept of pretotyping. It isn't a misspell,
I really meant pretotyping and not prototyping.

A formal definition, from the book:

Pretotyping [pree-tow-tie-ping], verb: Testing the initial appeal and
actual usage of a potential new product by simulating its core experi-
ence with the smallest possible investment of time and money.

A less formal definition:

Make sure – as quickly and as cheaply as you can – that you are
building the right it before you build it right.

I think the book is worth reading by everyone working on new ideas and
you can get it for free or for very cheap money from Amazon:

http://www.pretotyping.org/pretotype-it---the-book

If you happen to know the concept already and have used it before, it'd
be nice to share the results.
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo