How to deploy our new jekyll website

Francesco Vollero fvollero at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 15:19:33 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

We (me and Mike Orazi) faced a "tiny" issue with the opportunity
to get hosted by github with pages.

The problem is that at the moment we have this setup:

An apache server with mod_proxy that :

 on / :  will return our website with nanoc
 on /redmine : will redirect to our thin server with Redmine

Now, if we get hosted by github we will not have anymore
/redmine that will be redirected on redmine instance.

So we faced three possible ways:

1) Keep the current machine and have the git-hook that will care
   about re-run jekyll and build the files)

2) Create a subdomain called web.aeolusproject.org for github pages
   and our mod_proxy will just redirect us there

3) Create a subdomain called issues.aeolusproject.org for redmine
   and have all the issues mapped there and the website on github
   (This mean we gonna loose all the link to previous issues)

Looking forward to get your feedback on this,

Cheers,
- Francesco