Restart Button Behavior in Conductor WUI

Jeremy Perry jeperry at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 13:10:02 UTC 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 3:36 AM, Andrew Fitzsimon <afitzsim at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why not hide the button ?

That's the proper solution. Another option that is less preferred is to have a clearly disabled visual state for the button (grey it out) so that it is obvious that the button is disabled.

For now, it sounds like we have a problem if a user thinks they can click it and expects something to happen.

> On 24/09/2012, at 5:34 PM, Tomas Hrcka <thrcka at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 13:36 -0400, James Labocki wrote:
>>> I'd like to confirm the behavior I am experiencing is expected with regards to the restart button in conductor.
>>>
>>> 1. Launch two instances. One to RHEV provider and one to EC2 provider.
>>>
>>> 2. Wait until instances are running.
>>>
>>> 3. Select RHEV instance and select "restart".
>>> a. Nothing happens in the conductor UI.