Please pick up my OpenStack task!

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Fri Sep 21 21:00:12 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm going to be in a training session all next week, which means I won't
be able to work on Aeolus. While a week away from the project breaks my
heart enough, I had a great task going to try to get OpenStack support
finished up, and unfortunately I didn't get far. I'm hoping someone
wants to pick up where I left off next week.

The task is https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/issues/3814

I posted a blog post on Monday about where I got; I never got any
further. See http://ma.ttwagner.com/aeolus-and-openstack-todays-status/

There is a known-good internal OpenStack server I got an account on. I
forwarded my credentials there to Angus to share if someone does pick
this task up.

#858030 is still outstanding and blocks further progress; it still has
an open pull request. If you can get that ACKed, you can move onto the
really fun stuff -- trying to build and launch images! (With the patch
applied I was able to import and launch an existing image, but then
totally unrelated local breakage with dbomatic kept me from getting any
further.)

I've got the boring stuff out of the way. (And Oneiroi did much of the
heavy lifting quite some time ago.) Now that the boring stuff is out of
the way, will one of you pick this task up while I'm out next week?
Success can be yours! I don't want to see this one fall by the wayside
again.

Best,
Matt