New Aeolus template repo now on GitHub

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 21:12:27 UTC 2012

>> This feels like an important first step towards something I've wanted us
>> to do for a long time, which is to make Aeolus more attractive to and
>> useful for random individuals who might like to manage an instance or
>> two and a handful of images, versus the more typical "enterprise firm"
>> that we spend most of our time thinking about. (Not that this isn't
>> useful to them, too, but the ability to build and launch a little game
>> server on-demand is pretty awesome.)
>>
>> Nice work, Justin!
>
> Thanks.  Do you have some templates around you can add/submit too?
>
> :)

Ya I like this alot. I feel some templates around rpmbuild, mock, bodhi,
etc would also be really valuable so you can deploy different components
of the Fedora infrastructure to different cloud providers including
openstack and ec2. This would make it alot easier to sell Aeolus to Fedora.

I'll get on that once this whole conference fiasco is over, though if
anyone has the cycles before that don't let me stop you. All in all, how
long on average do one of these templates take to construct and verify?
Could we all allocate a very small chunk of time every sprint to
whipping up a template or two? The template repo would grow very quickly
that way. Also a hosted aeolus instance would go a long way to providing
the capability to quickly test these out.

  -Mo