presenting Aeolus at the OLF

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 17:22:51 UTC 2012

On 08/13/2012 04:33 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
> On 07/31/2012 04:11 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
>> I just was offered a slot to present Aeolus at The Ohio LinuxFest [1].
>> The OLF is one of the biggest community-run Linux conferences in the
>> States so it'll be a great opportunity to share / promote the project to
>> a wide / diverse audience.
>>
>> The conference is at the end of September, so besides my usual security
>> and other work up to then, I'm going to be taking some time to throw
>> together and send around a quality presentation for the event. I would
>> like to heavily lean on a demo, using the wui and cli tools to deploy to
>> the cloud using a hosted instance of Aeolus (even if that is non-public
>> at the time being). I'd like to skip over the configure / setup stuff
>> and just demonstrate the meat and bones of using the application to
>> deploy to the cloud.
>>
>> Any thoughts, comments, presentation material, etc would be appreciated,
>>
>>   -Mo
>>
>> [1] http://ohiolinux.org/
>>
> The Saturday schedule has been posted, my session is during the afternoon:
>
> http://ohiolinux.org/saturday

The major leg work of my presentation is completed, you can find the
talk and demo materials on the newly revamped presentation section of
the wiki:

https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Presentations

I will be giving a quick presentation overview today at our community
meeting and using the remainder of the time to polish the materials up
and go through the complete run through several times (I believe this
will be the biggest audience I've presented to yet).

I will be on limited availability next Thurs (9/27) -> Monday (10/01) as
I will be travelling and attending the conference. (will be on irc and
check email as much as possible).

  -Mo