Image Management Engine Vote (2)

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 19:51:36 UTC 2012

On 15/09/12 04:50 +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
>On 15/09/2012, at 2:13 AM, Jason Guiditta wrote:
><snip>
>> Also, I say we drop "I don't care" so as not to waste votes, and could
>> we drop 'rembrandt' as an option?  I just plain hate that name.
>
>Heh, please no.  I like it. ;)
>
>> New additions/changes:
>> * 'gabelstapler' -Personally, I think this is just too obscure, though we   could put it on the list and see if I am alone there (for a change).
>> * I think 'hanger' should be spelled 'hangar', since that is the spelling for
>> the place you keep a plane - what would the other be, a clothes hanger?
>> * ime (a la iwhd)
>> * zax
>> * other children's book-inspired names (thanks for the theme idea
>>  morazi!)
>> * reconsider cereal theme?  ;)  (/me files that away for his own
>>  projects...)
>>
>> Lastly, let's put this in a new email thread, so it doesn't get
>> buried(?).
>

>For a revote, let's just pick the top 3 from the previous run
>(of the non-taken ones), to focus the potentials?
>
>+ Justin

The thing is, as Martyn said, the number 2 was "I don't care", which
is not a valid choice.  I know people were being funny, caring enough
to vote but not to actually make a choice, but clearly we wont really
use it.  And as I said in my last mail, several of the other choices
were already taken, leaving a rather anemic list.  I am not going to
let us just choose the 'best of the rest'.  If we are going to the
effort of coming up with a better name than we have now, it should
actually be better.  If this means we need to postpone the rename
until we come up with something that has broad support, so be it.  Our
current name, while dull, is reasonably descriptive at least.

-j