Musing: Things we need (code-wise)

Jiří Stránský jstransk at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 14:23:53 UTC 2012

On 14.9.2012 15:07, Aaron Weitekamp wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 05:23 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:
>> Many of these are pretty open-ended, but I thought the list might lead
>> to some valuable discussion, so here it is:
>>
>> * A good glossary of terms, with examples / use cases. Beyond the fact
>>   that I struggle with some of the terms myself sometimes, it would be
>>   fantastic to be able to have something to point people to when they ask
>>   what realms are or why you would use Environments.
>>
> I've got an initiative to get others using the product internally at Red Hat and I think the terms are a barrier. I'll try to put some thought into what's needed.
>
> The other thing that really helps is seeing the product scaled out as an enterprise might configure it. Then it really starts to make sense. We're working on automating this setup (populating with tons of users with real-world roles, lots of clouds, deployments, etc.) and can demo soon. At some point I'll do a screencast.

I like the idea of a screencast very much (especially if it will be done with Conductor "scaled out as an enterprise might configure it"). People could learn what is Aeolus good for and grasp the basics very quickly.

Personally, I love screencasts. I don't want to download software and fiddle with it only to eventually find out it doesn't solve my problem. First thing I do is I try to find the software on youtube. I see it in action immediately, without first having to figure out how to make it running.

I believe this might get more people interested in Aeolus.

J.