moving wiki content

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 15:14:26 UTC 2012

On the website mtg today we discussed moving the redmine wiki content to
the individual github wiki's. Matt mentioned we have the capability to
mass migrate redmine pages to github wiki pages so we're asking each
individual subcommunity which pages they would like to be migrated to
their wiki.

The overall binding content will be moved to a combination of the
conductor wiki and the aeolusproject.org github site wiki. The later
isn't the best fit for the content (though alot of the content should go
in the conductor wiki) but its the best option that we currently see atm.

We threw around the idea of a mediawiki installation but as Matt
mentioned we previously had one (got littered with spam) and none of us
felt the effort of setting one up was worth the cycles atm (can be
revisited in the future). If anyone has any additional suggestions, feel
free to shout out here.

We are looking at mid January as the cutoff date for this migration. We
ask that a representative of each indivual subcommunity (deltacloud,
imagefactory, oz, Tim, Heat, conductor, configure, aeolus-cli, and
audrey) start looking at the redmine wiki and send us a list of the
pages they want migrated. If you could send this to us by mid December
that would be more than appreciated. Alternatively just migrate the wiki
content you would like and just tell us (don't worry, we will find other
things todo ;-) ).

We will keep the redmine wiki around after the end of January in read
only mode for historical / archival purposes. Though at some point in
the far future we most likely will shut it down for good.

  -Mo