Replacing Cucumber

Martin Povolny mpovolny at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 07:42:43 UTC 2012

Hi.

Many of the developers agree with dropping cucumber. No one was against
it. Reasons where given in a different thread.

Some of you expressed need to discuss this topic so I would like to open
a discussion on what we do next.

We probably do not want to have each test written in a different way so
we have to agree on a way.

I suggest writing controller and view tests using RSpec and Capybara.

Different ideas?

I accent that I do not want to rewrite anything I just want to allow
faster creation of tests using more programmer-friendly tools to get
better test coverage.

Can we agree on this?

--
Martin Povolny <mpovolny at redhat.com>