RFC: permissions for cost entry

Martin Povolny mpovolny at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 07:22:36 UTC 2012

Hi.

I wonder if when assigning costs to hardware profiles and hardware profile
properties, I should use the same privilege as would be used when
editing the hardware profile.

That is:

    require_privilege(Privilege::MODIFY, @hardware_profile)

My thinking goes:

I don't want a separate path in the UI for assigning costs, as it would
be even more confusing then now. So in the place where you can find the
UI to edit frontend hardware profile I put the cost assignment for
backend profile.

Given it's in almost the same place and from user's point of view it
deals with the hardware profile, then it would be logical to use the
same privilege.

Thoughts?

--
Martin Povolny <mpovolny at redhat.com>