[RELEASE] branching and tagging the components

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 17:30:38 UTC 2012

On 20/11/2012, at 6:00 PM, Steve Linabery wrote:
<snip>
> Yeah, my half-baked idea was to have, as part of the release documentation, a config file that defines necessary ENV variables to point to the right branches on all the components. So maybe you'd set (contrived example) RELEASE_CONFIG=http://aeolusproject.org/releases/X.Y.Z/dev-tools-environment.yml and dev-tools takes it from there.

Simple "one line" installation should be possible too.

So, for a given upstream release, we should be able to set sensible defaults
in a branch of dev tools.  (in theory, haven't actually tried this yet)

  i.e. curl https://raw.github.com/aeolus-incubator/dev-tools/bootstrap.sh -b aeolus_0.14.0 | sh

With the bootstrap.sh from that branch having the right upstream tags
hard coded in it.

No real issue with having a config file approach that works too.  Would
definitely expect that to be useful in some situations.

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Cloud Evangelist
http://www.aeolusproject.org