[aeolus-comm-mgmt] Aeolus Mission voting. VOTE REQUIRED BY NOVEMBER 19 PLEASE.

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 15:49:58 UTC 2012

Aeolus Mission voting tally
===========================

The choices:

1. Aeolus mission: To provide superior tools and workflows for flexible
construction, management, and monitoring of multi-instance systems
across clouds. (This is the original version we concocted at the dev
conf.)

2. Aeolus mission: To provide superior tools and workflows for flexible
construction, management, and monitoring of multi-instance deployments
across clouds. (Modifications by Giulio Fidente and Justin Clift,
received at least one endorsement on list.)

3. Aeolus mission: "To provide open source tools for the management
and monitoring of cloud based systems." (Alternative from Mo Morsi. Mo
says: "Are we just focusing on 'multi-instance systems'? Isn't
providing simple tools to build images and launch a single instance
against any generic cloud provider part of Aeolus?")

Member                      #1      #2      #3
Justin Clift                         X
Steve Linabery                       X
Nitesh Narayan                       X
Matthew Miller                               X
Matt Wagner                          X
Mo Morsi                                     X
Tzu-Mainn Chen                               X
Jaromir Coufal               X
Scott Seago                          X
Andy Fitzsimon                       X
Tomas Hrcka                  X
Imre Farkas                                  X
Jirka Tomasek                        X
Francesco Vollero                    X
Jiri Stransky                        X
Giulio Fidente                       X
Tomas Sedovic                                X
Martyn Taylor                        X
Jan Provaznik                X
Jozef Zigmund                X
David Busby                          X
Brian Mclaughlin                     X
John Eckersberg                      X
Petr Blaho                           X
Jason Guiditta                               X
Crag Wolfe                                   X
Mike Orazi                                   X
Totals                       4       15      8

Number 2 has it, by a substantial margin.

The mission of the Aeolus Project, as voted by its contributors, is
therefore:

"To provide superior tools and workflows for flexible construction,
management, and monitoring of multi-instance deployments across
clouds."

Website cabal, could you see to it that this gets displayed somewhere
prominently?

Thanks,
--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey