Aeolus Mission voting. VOTE REQUIRED BY NOVEMBER 19 PLEASE.

Brian McLaughlin bmclaugh at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 13:34:50 UTC 2012

#2 gets my vote.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugh Brock" <hbrock at redhat.com>
To: aeolus-comm-mgmt at fedorahosted.org, aeolus-devel at fedorahosted.org
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 3:28:58 PM
Subject: Aeolus Mission voting. VOTE REQUIRED BY NOVEMBER 19 PLEASE.

Mission Statement Voting

OK... I promised to schedule a vote for today and naturally I am
behind. The good news is this means you guys have the weekend to think
about this.

A bit about process. Having been through a substantial mission
statement exercise already, I'm not inclined to lengthen the process
much further by accepting further tweaks. I am therefore going to
exercise the mighty ><}}}*> one final time and reduce the nominees for
Aeolus Mission Statement to three. I hope you all will view this less
as an act of oppression and more as an act of getting the hell on with
it :).

In voting, I would urge you all to remember that a mission statement can
and probably should be aspirational -- our software may not fill our
mission today, but we intend that it will someday, and that new
additions to Aeolus will be included or not based on how well they will
help us fill the mission.

The choices, then, are:

1. Aeolus mission: To provide superior tools and workflows for flexible
construction, management, and monitoring of multi-instance systems
across clouds. (This is the original version we concocted at the dev
conf.)

2. Aeolus mission: To provide superior tools and workflows for flexible
construction, management, and monitoring of multi-instance deployments
across clouds. (Modifications by Giulio Fidente and Justin Clift,
received at least one endorsement on list.)

3. Aeolus mission: "To provide open source tools for the management
and monitoring of cloud based systems." (Alternative from Mo Morsi. Mo
says: "Are we just focusing on 'multi-instance systems'? Isn't
providing simple tools to build images and launch a single instance
against any generic cloud provider part of Aeolus?")

Vote for one by end of Monday, please.

Thanks,
--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey