Website Cabal -- Assemble!

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 19:42:17 UTC 2012

My fellow Website Cabal members,

It's time that we assembled, to fulfill our quest of keeping
aeolusproject.org current and relevant, while identifying and managing
the writing of new content (feature descriptions and documentation). I
know you can't wait!

Trying to get us all to meet at the same time is fairly complicated due
to timezones. I would propose that we meet at the following time:

Thursdays at 14:00 GMT (right after the converge-ui meeting):
 9am US/East (Westford)
 3pm Brno
 12 midnight Brisbane

This is 30 minutes after the current converge-ui meetings which a few
people on this list attend. My thinking is that this helps reduce the
cost of meetings, since Andy (in AU) will already be up for a meeting,
versus trying to have him do 11-12pm calls twice a week.

Could everyone, at their earliest convenience (i.e., right now!) reply
and let me know if this time does or does not work for you?

I would propose that we meet via Google Hangouts. (Please remember to
wear a shirt.) Does anyone object to this? (Using Hangouts, I mean.
Wearing a shirt is non-negotiable.) It makes it easy to do
screen-sharing, and makes it easy for us to record things.

I have also started a quick brainstorm of what we might want to talk
about:
http://etherpad-aeolusproject.rhcloud.com/p/WebsiteCabalInitialBrainstorm

Please note that:
a.) This was just stuff I thought of; please feel free to add more. I
also tried to categorize things in some manner.
b.) I tried to draw a clear line between short-term tasks someone could
do in an hour or so, and longer-term projects that will take some
planning. Both need doing, but I want to make sure we don't lose our
focus.