RESTful API Resources

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 13:42:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 09:43:41AM +0100, Martyn Taylor wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> As promised in yesterdays session, here is the REST guide written by
> Geert Jansen.  I've found this particularly useful it's well worth a
> read:
>
> https://restful-api-design.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> Also worth looking over is the HTTP specification: Since our API is
> REST over HTTP (which means sticking to the letter of the law of
> HTTP).
>
> Lastly, It's well worth taking a look at Roy Fielding thesis chapter
> where he outlines REST.  I don't have a link but should be easily
> "googlable".

This is excellent, thanks martyn.

Do we have a "library" or "reference" or "further reading" section on
the website? It would be great to start collecting links like these for
folks.

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey