Deltacloud Tracker Design (Draft)

Jan Provaznik jprovazn at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 09:16:57 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 02:30 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

>>> Realms is something that gets measured indirectly, right ? I.e., realm
>>> availability is based on success/failure of launching/running instances
>>> in that realm.
>>>

>> No, we check periodically realm's availability (unavailable realms are
>> then ignored when launching an instance).
>
> How do you check ?

Checking is now done by a ruby script
(https://github.com/aeolusproject/conductor/blob/master/src/dbomatic/dbomatic)
which fetches realms for each provider account every 5 minutes. The list
of fetched realms is then compared with realms in Conductor's DB -
availability status is updated, realms missing in DB are added, realms
which are in DB but not on the fetched list are removed.

We keep availability flag also for whole providers: if fetching of
realms for a provider account fails because of a connection error, whole
provider is marked as unavailable and skipped on instance launch.

Jan