Deltacloud Tracker Design (Draft)

Richard Su rwsu at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 17:34:20 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 05:31 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 13:43 +0200, Jan Provazník wrote:
>> On 06/08/2012 01:12 PM, Jan Provazník wrote:
>>> True, we were choosing some tool for this purpose on Aeolus side too few
>>> weeks/months ago (before we knew about Tracker). Richard Su made lot of
>>> work in this area (CCing him) so it would worh discuss this with him,
>>> wiki page with related stuff is here:
>> or even better his patches could be reused in Tracker
> Where can I find them ?
>
> David

Here's the patch to add delayed_job support to conductor:

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-May/010236.html

That patch contains a systemd config file that starts up delayed_job as
a daemon with two workers. Not everyone has cut over to systemd, so
here's a patch containing a SysV init script:

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-June/010771.html

The plan was then to use rufus-scheduler to periodically add jobs to the
queue to poll deltacloud for state changes. That plan has been subsumed
by the Deltacloud Tracker. I do have a patch that adds rufus-scheduler
support to conductor. Integrating the scheduler is not that difficult,
most of the code was adding some infrastructure to allow us to manage
the scheduler so that we can check its status and turn it on and off.

https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-May/010625.html
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/aeolus-devel/2012-May/010626.html

If you think the management piece may be of use, I can look into
rewriting it as a rack mountable app. That was a prescient suggestion by
Jay.