Aeolus Community Assessment

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 16:50:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 15:39 -0400, Chris Alfonso wrote:

> markmc made a few suggestions to address making aeolus components more
> useful to the masses
[..]

> (1) Credentials delegation plugin for deltacloud

One last point on this ...

Sure, Conductor does this already.

But imagine if it had been done in such as way that Michal's
announcement today:

  http://mifo.sk/deltacloud-with-ec2-frontend

meant that all of Aeolus's nice credential sharing features could be
used by people who wanted to expose the EC2 API to their end users?

IMHO, that would rock! And don't forget the CIMI API. We had talked
before about embedding deltacloud inside conductor to allow conductor to
expose the deltacloud API, and we really struggled. This is the
opposite. Essentially make a lot of conductor a deltacloud plugin we
automatically support whatever API frontends deltacloud supports.

Yes, that's a lot of handwaving ... but starting small with (1) is
interesting in its own right and it has the potential to lead to the
right endpoint.

Cheers,
Mark.