ApacheConEU Cloud Track CFP

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 20:08:25 UTC 2012

See there have been a bunch of changes / suggestions on the document,
which looks good but it is getting lengthy IMO. Abstracts should be on
the shorter side and focus on what the audience will be gaining / taking
away from the presentation / project.

Just attaching a typical proposal template which I've used for
conferences in the past:

Title: Opening up Cloud Computing with Aeolus
Presenter: Mo Morsi <mmorsi at redhat.com> <315.863.7088>

Abstract:
Recent years have seen an influx of Cloud Computing services offered by
a plethora of vendors with many different APIs and interfaces. The
diversity of these products offer many solutions at various levels of
the stack, but increases the risk of proprietary cloud adoption due to
vendor lock-in and downtime.

With Aeolus we aim to provide a Free and Open Source cloud computing
framework through which instances can be launched against any cloud provider
using the same API and toolset. The infrastructure permits the
description of software services and hardware components in such a way
that any set of software packages can be deployed to any cloud provider
matching specified criteria.

For this <conf-name> presentation, I propose discussing how we
represent many different cloud providers, some proprietary and others
open, in a vendor-agnostic way, and the methodology through which
software and hardware is described, instances are scheduled, and the
entire framework is managed.

Feel free to use as is, take pieces, or just continue in your own
direction. Hope it helps,
   -Mo