RFC - Katello Component Outlines provisioning using Aeolus and Foreman

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 13:42:41 UTC 2012

On 07/27/2012 06:00 AM, Ivan Nečas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to write down the some basic design document [1] about
> possible ways how integration of Foreman/Aeolus could look like in terms
> of Katello Component Outlines provisioning.
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.
>
> [1] - https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/ComponentOutlinesProvisioning
>
> -- Ivan
Some comments:

Create a Component Outline in Katello:
* I think we said activtion keys would own the subscriptions.

Provisioning with Foreman (in Katello)
* I think you would create a system record, and if you want to publish
to aeolus an image record. This allows us to have a unique data record
to query on.

Provisioning / Option 1
* Question 1: We could make hte APi list all images aross all
environents.. or make Aeolus provide org and env.

Registration back to Katello after provisioning
* Why is 6.3 the only one which is good? I would assume that all
subscription managaers woudl work. Perhaps we could associate an
activation key with every image which would select the ENV, the
susbcriptions, and hte component outline?

Open questions:
1) I vote yes, I like the API you have above.
2) I vote OAuth 1.0 (two legged)
3) I would assume LDAP.