RFC: Deployable, Deployment, and Instance API

Angus Thomas athomas at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 13:47:34 UTC 2012

On 07/17/2012 08:13 PM, Richard Su wrote:

> conductor/api/deployments
> 1. Create given name, deployable id, and optional realm
>    All images defined in the deployable must be built and pushed to
> the choosen realm
>    Launches instances
> 2. Show a deployment and its instances
>    Each instance is listed with name and a link to the real object
> 3. Index of deployments
> 4. Delete a deployment
> 5. Edit a deployment - not available
>
> conductor/api/deployments/$id/instances
> conductor/api/instances
> 1. Stop an instance
> 2. Start an instance
> 3. List all instances for a given deployment
> 4. List all instances I can control across all deployments - TBD
> 5. Show instance, status, ip address, ssh keys, etc..

I think this last point, "Show instance status" is going to be very
important. People are asking about how they can plug Conductor into
external monitoring infrastructure, and trigger events/alerts etc.,
based on the state of instances and deployments. A complete
instance/deployment monitoring API is probably too much of a stretch for
this proposal to accommodate, but I'm sure there will be significant
interest in whatever state reporting we add to the API.

Angus