Screencasting ideas for Aeolus

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 18:21:40 UTC 2012

Hi Dan and Alex,

Steve's creating new official Aeolus rpms for Fedora
16, with the recent User Interface bug fixes included.

This will give us a solid foundation to do Aeolus
screencasts with.  So, lets get them happening. :)

For what to screencast, this is my initial thinking
so far (please :

 a) promo type screencasts for front page and About
    page(s).

    * Probably need the front page one to be very brief.
      1 min or so.  Obviously not super technical. :)

    * About page stuff should also be brief, but enough
      in depth to introduce all of the major pieces.

    We'll probably need to shortlist the important
    features we want to include, and plan these out in
    some depth.

 b) educational/instructional screencasts for new user
    pages, project pages and just about anywhere else.

    Bonus points if we can figure out how to embed a
    player in wiki pages, in a decent fashion. :)

    * Screencast the start to finish of the Getting
      Started Guide.  Add it (or a link) to the "Get
      It" page in an intelligent way, so people can
      go from there to either the GSG pages or the
      screencast. (their choice)

    * Show full Audrey setup (client and server) then
      deployment of the Wordpress examples.

    * Explain/show how to use ImageFactory's
      target_content.xml on oVirt and VMware, for
      automatic inclusion of platform specific guest
      agents.  (VMware tools, Audrey guest)

What else do we want to show? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift